** It has been decided to indefinitely postpone the “Climate Emergency Conference” planned for 24 March 2020. This is in order to safeguard against COVID-19, and the spread of the coronavirus. **
Constructing and operating our homes and businesses currently accounts for about half of the UK’s carbon emissions. So tackling the climate emergency, requires us to urgently and dramatically reduce emissions in the construction sector. This is why Carbon Neutral Cambridge has teamed up with the Cambridge Forum for the Construction Industry (CFCI) to hold the “Cambridge Climate Emergency Conference”.
- Joel Gustafsson (Max Fordham): What we mean by “Net Zero” and “Zero Carbon”
- Clara Bagenal George (London Energy Transformation Initiative): A climate emergency design guide
- Sam Hunter Jones (Client Earth): The legal obligation for local plans to secure emissions reductions
- Paul Frainer (Strategy, Cambridge Shared Planning): How can the Greater Cambridge Local Plan help to achieve a zero carbon economy? .
- David Richards (Atelier Ten): Designing the WWF-UK’s Living Planet Centre
- Linda Thiel (White Architekter): Designing the Climate Innovation District in Leeds
- Wendy Bishop (Architype): Deep green retrofit of 1 Regent Street, Cambridge